The table below outlines the core warranty policies for the metal detector brands we carry. A few notes:
- Standard Warranty: This will typically cover the cost of parts and labor to repair your detector within the warranty period.
- Excluded Models: It's important to note that most underwater machines will come with shorter warranty periods.
- Time to Register: Be sure to read your warranty card and register within the time period requested by the manufacturer.
- How to Register: Most brands will allow you to register online, on the phone, or via a post card that is included with your detector. Some do not require you to register.
- Transferable: If you're buying a pre-owned detector, make sure you check if the warranty is transferable. When buying a pre-owned detector, be sure to ask for a dated copy of the original sales receipt from the original owner - the receipt that shows when and where the machine was originally purchased. If you cannot get a copy, the warranty date will default to the date of manufacture for most brands.
- Check Status/ File Claim: If you're buying a pre-owned detector and the warranty is transferable, make sure you check how much warranty is left. A simple phone call to the manufacturer can save you major headaches down the road.
CZ-21, 1280x (2 Years)
Sea Hunter (1 Year)
Go-Finds (2 Years)
Excalibur II (1 Year)
Time to Register
How to Register
Check Status/ File Claim